While glass raw material is more sustainable, aluminium has a super low footprint which makes it not only a convenient, ready to drink anywhere, but also a great environmental packaging. Some facts:
• 70% of all drink cans are recycled worldwide
• it takes 95% less energy to recycle aluminium than making it from its raw materials
• aluminium can be 100% recycled indefinitely
• it’s light weight makes its greenhouse gas emission smaller than glass for transport
• but if left in landfill, it will take 500 years before it oxidises. So please recycle ♻
As for glass bottles, despite their high energy requirements to produce and weight that increase its greenhouse gas emission compare to aluminium, it remains a favourite sustainable packaging option when it comes to beverage.
• It's made from natural ingredient (such as sand)
• Glass is non-toxic and less porous than plastic
• 100% recyclable, indefinitely without loosing its quality
• recycled glass bottle consume less energy to produce than from its raw material
With season 1 in aluminium can and season 2 in glass bottle, you can pick your favourite option. Be it for the style or sustainability, you have got the option.